As a nonprofit organization, we’re grateful to have volunteer support from our local community and we welcome new volunteers. Whether you’re an individual looking to give occasionally of your time and talents or a group or organizations looking to schedule a volunteer Work Day, we’re grateful for your interest in Evergreen! In addition to the opportunities listed below, we also offer a Corporate Partners program for businesses.
We cant wait to hear from you, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-687-0664.
- Invasives Brigade: If you like tackling overgrown areas, this is the job for you. Brigade members remove non-native plants and briars in wooded areas and hilly terrain, and help replant with native plants and trees. It’s hard work but worth it!
- Watering Crew – If there’s no place you’d rather be than in a garden or greenhouse, consider joining our Water Crew. People interested in this position need to be able to carry watering cans and hoses to our outlying gardens.
- Museum Docents – If you’re a history buff, consider joining Evergreen’s team of docents. You’ll have the chance to share Evergreen’s unique history and tales of the families who’ve lived here with visitors of all ages. Fill out this form to become a docent.
- Greeters – Are you the outgoing type? The Evergreen Heritage Center is looking for energetic, welcoming volunteers to greet our guests during open houses. Volunteers will need to be able to give basic directions around the property, to various locations and vendors.
- Hiking Guides – If you love taking a walk in the great outdoors, why not share you love of nature? We’re in need of reliable volunteers to guide guests on our nature trails during our open house events.
- Parking Guides – Like telling people where to go and what to do? We’re in need of friendly volunteers to assist our guests at Open House events. Volunteers will need to direct cars to one of four parking lots on the property, and to specific spots within those lots.
- Crafty Creators – Do you have a crafty side? We’re looking for a group(s) of artistic volunteers to assist in creating merchandise for sale in our Evergreen Cupboard Gift Shop.