Welcome to Evergreen!
At Evergreen, we believe in Learning by Doing. Using our 130-acre historic farm and surrounding forest as an outdoor classroom, we offer opportunities for hands-on learning about the world around us. Our abundant natural resources provide a meaningful place for children, youth, and adults to learn, grow, and thrive. Read more about our mission to empower children through experiential education HERE.
To receive our quarterly Newsletter send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for visiting! – Janice Keene, President Evergreen Heritage Center Foundation
Become a Friend of Evergreen!
Become a “Friend of Evergreen” and your contribution supports a variety of museum and agriculture projects, educational programs and workshops for the schools and community, and continued conservation and property maintenance.
Awards and Recognition
We are proud that the EHC Foundation has received recognition for its work including:
- 2020 Best of Maryland Award for Stewardship from Preservation Maryland
- 2020 COVID Response Award from Maryland Community Development Network
- 2019 Rural Impact Award for Excellence in Community Development
- 2018 Citation from the Maryland House of Delegates for innovation and dedication
- 2017 Allegany County Resource Conservation Award
- 2017 Maryland Outdoor Educator of the Year Award
- 2016 Allegany County Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
- 2015 Maryland Sustainable Growth Award for Preservation & Conservation
- 2015 Richard A. Johnson Award for Excellence in Education
Take a virtual tour of the Evergreen Heritage Center
Tour our award-winning programs in action, and learn about our unique history spanning three centuries.
Read our latest Evergreen Highlight:
Check out this article on the newly renovated barn HERE